The appointments module is one of the most important in Accudemia. With it, administrators can:
- How long an appointment can last.
- What times of the day they can begin.
- What time they finish for the day.
This article will explain how to customize these settings by first setting the time-blocks, then choosing specific appointment settings.
Setting the time-blocks for appointment scheduling
Setting time-blocks is very simple. If an administrator sets 2 blocks to take place every half hour, then only 2 appointments maximum can take place every 30 minutes.
1. Navigate to Administration > Control Panel > General, choose the college as a scope and click the View Settings button.
2. Set the total amount of meetings that can take place in an hour by choosing from the "Blocks per hour" dropdown under the Calendars section.
Other settings like what time tutoring sessions can begin and end are found here.
The appointment settings can either be set on a college level, or they can be customized per Center. If tutoring is going to operate the same across all Centers, then it's suggested to set universal appointment settings across the college.
1. Navigate to Administration > Control Panel > Appointments and select either the college or a specific Center from the dropdown menu.
2. Scroll down to "Restrictions" and set the time intervals for when appointments begin beside "Allow creating appointment."
As an example, "Starting every 60 minutes from 8 AM to 4 PM"
means that appointments will begin at 8 AM, and become available every
60 minutes until 4 PM. Meaning an appointment can begin at 8 AM, 9 AM,
10 AM, etc.
3. Scroll down to "Duration restriction" and set the default appointment length.
This is the maximum amount of time an appointment can last.
4. Scroll down to "Allow only the following" and select the days of the week that appointments will be available.
5. Review the choices, then scroll back to the top of the page and click the Save Changes button at the top-right of the screen.
6. Test the settings by creating an appointment to make sure they're working as intended.