In Accudemia, attendance tracking for walk-ins and appointments are core concepts, by default you can prevent appointments in Administration -> Control Panel -> Appointments and using the option "Disable appointments scheduling". This method is not available for Walk-ins, however, following this article we will show you how to make sure that students have no access to walk-ins while keeping the possibility to participate in the appointments they schedule.
Uninstall the physical sign-in station
1. Find the machine where the kiosk is installed and log in.
2. Navigate to Administration > Sign-in Stations > Computers and click the Uninstall Kiosk button.
If there are virtual kiosks for walk-ins, make sure those URL's are no longer accessible.
Set the services associated with the appointments as "online"
1. Navigate to Administration > Centers and Classrooms.
2. Select the Center.
3. Click the "Services" tab, double click in the service(s) that will be used for the appointments, and enable "Allow online sign-in for appointments."
Setting tutors & students up
1. Navigate to Administration > User Accounts, use the "Tutors" filter on the left, and ensure that every tutor who will be helping with these appointments has a connect link.
A "connect link" is a URL that leads to a meeting platform like Zoom or MS Teams.
2. Check that every student has their email address on their profile by either individually checking them, or checking the Accudemia import files.
Students will receive an email when it's time for their appointment, so it's essential that they have entered their email address on their profile so Accudemia can send the invite.
Setting up automatic text messages
1. Navigate to Administration > Control Panel > Appointments, select the college as a scope, and scroll down to the "Email Notifications" section.
This will send text messages whenever an appointment is created, modified, or canceled.
With this method, we have guaranteed that students will be able to click their appointment links and perform their appointment, but they will have no options to do walk-ins.
Accudemia: How do I restrict walk-ins based on my tutors' schedules?
Introduction In Accudemia, walk-ins are always allowed within the college's "Start Time" to its "End Time." However, there is a way to block off periods of time based on tutor availability. For example, if a student looks for a tutor on a Saturday ...
Accudemia: How do I set a time limit on virtual sign-in links to stop student walk-ins in the evenings and weekends?
Introduction Accudemia gives administrators the ability to set a time expiration for walk-in links. These are set upon the virtual sign-in link's creation and can be customized to end in hours, days, weeks, or months. This stops students from gaining ...
Accudemia - How do I remove the Instructor selection requirement for my walk-ins and appointments?
Introduction We understand the need to make the sign-in process easier for students and therefore this may seem like a good option at first. Just proceed with caution, as this may also remove some of the reporting options available to you later since ...
How do I prevent attendees from scheduling appointments in AccuCampus?
1. From the Main Sidebar, hover over Advanced Options. 2. Click Settings. 3. Click Appointments. 4. Choose the Scope to edit settings for. The default is Account, which controls the global settings for all locations. To change the scope, ...
AccuCampus: How do I use the Stop Execution rule?
Introduction In AccuCampus, Rules are created to execute based on predetermined events, such as: When a user swipes a card, and the card ID has something specific about it. When a log is created. When an appointment is canceled. After a Rule is ...